I’m just sitting here reflecting on the last 4 years of my life, how I ended up here, and what I’d miss desperately if I hadn’t taken a little leap of faith.
I hung out with these beauties last weekend. We laughed our asses off. We cried our heads off. We did some hiking, played games, went for a run, ate delicious food and sat around soul-searching, planning and strategizing how to reach our goals and learn how to help more people find a path to health and financial freedom! Not necessarily a typical ‘girls weekend’, but these are my people and I can’t imagine my life without them.
Four years ago I was struggling. Physically I just wasn’t where I wanted to be. I hated looking in the mirror. My clothes weren’t fitting and I was at a loss! I was working out almost daily. And eating what I thought was ‘pretty healthy’ food. Well…it wasn’t working. Not only was I not making any progress, I was steadily gaining weight and I was getting desperate! I even found myself lingering by the diet pills at the store, looking for a quick fix – though I knew better.
I called my friend who was a Beachbody coach, because I wanted to try a new workout program – and P90X had worked for me in the past – so I was ready to recommit and give it my best effort to see if I could make some changes and finally get results. That included Shakeology. Nutrition was key, and I knew it. I had done a LOT of research and as a busy mom, I just needed a quick, healthy meal that I could grab on the go. I justified the expense by giving up soda, fast food and fancy Starbucks. I saved even more money by signing up as a “coach” so I could save 25% on my Shakeology and any other programs or products I wanted. (I’m a lifelong Beachbody fan…so I knew I’d use it!)
I really had no intention of “coaching”, I just needed to work on myself first! Well, then I got plugged into a challenge group, and found myself surrounded by other moms and women working on goals of their own. I found it very motivating and I had GREAT success with it! Meanwhile… people were asking my what I was doing and I was sharing a little about my journey on social media. I had enough interest to put together a group of my own. And that started my coaching “career”. I’ve run at least one group every month since then, met hundreds of women in my challenge groups, networked with amazing ladies like these and found my true passion through helping others!
And now four years later, I make more than I did as a full-time teacher. I’ve lost 24 pounds and kept it off through my monthly accountability groups. I would NEVER ask people to do something that I wasn’t doing myself…so it’s amazing accountability! I’ve traveled to Las Vegas, Nashville, South Beach, beach house get-aways and in just a few months my husband and I will be heading on an all-expense paid vacation to Punta Cana! All for doing something I LOVE to do! Working part-time hours, from home, where, when, how and with whom I want! These ladies are just a few of the amazing women I’ve had the privilege to get to know and work with every day.
We have so much stinking fun together…it’s CRAZY to me that I didn’t know any of them just a few short years ago, and now I feel like we’ve been bff’s!
But don’t just take it from me! You know I’m a fan! This has changed my life and my families lives in more ways than I can count! I’m happier, healthier and wealthier!
I asked these ladies to share their experiences, too. Here are the questions I asked them.
1) how many inches/pounds you’ve lost?
2) something you’ve overcome as a coach?
3) something you love about being a coach?
1) 50lbs, size 14 to 4 (idk how many inches bc I wasn’t in the measuring habit pre-BB)2) Self doubt!
3) The people.
The new excitement that comes w a new group every month.
All the things
1- June 2015-November 2016
25 pounds lost and went from size 10-6 no clue on inches.
As a coach I have overcome the feeling of being alone. Besides my immediate family (hubby and kids) I have always felt alone and underappreciated. As a coach and with this community it has given me to the opportunity to meet some beautiful and inspiring women from all walks a life. I know that at any time or point in my life someone will be there no matter what. Also, I finally feel that I’m not alone. Someone will always have my back.What I love most about coaching is that I can do what I do best, which is to be me. As hard it has been to admit that I am a task master and a caregiver, I have realized that I can use what I thought as negative traits for good. It has always been in my nature to help others and be there for them and now I can do it on an even broader scale.
1) About 30 lbs in the last 6 years, but over 60 in the last 10 I’m not sure about my inches. I’ve gone from a size 18 to a 4.
2) My fear of what people will think about me! I’ve become so much more confident with myself and in my own skin.
3) Finding friends/sisters/soulmates that share my views on health and happiness. Willingness to share with each other and to lift each other up, not tear each other down. I love learning more about being a better person inside and out. And I love that I have found my purpose in life!!!
1) Actually gained 15-20 pounds since I spent a couple years really UNDER weight (at least for me) due to unhealthy habits and behaviors.
2) Addiction to prescriptions for pain and anxiety. I’ve also overcome the shame and guilt of that. It’s still a daily fight. But SO worth it!
3) The people I get to meet and become friends with. You can’t find more positive, driven folks than your fellow Beachbody coaches. The people you surround yourself with help define you. I want to be a kick-ass mom/friend/coach.
1) Since October 2015, I’ve lost 10 pounds and have gone from a size 12 to an 8
2) I’ve always been a farewell friend of a healthy lifestyle. I liked living it for a while, then when things got tough or something more enticing came along, that was the first thing I’d drop. (I didn’t have time to __________) Since I started coaching, I have been living a healthy lifestyle for 145 days. Yes there are bad days, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t keep going. I’ve learned that one bad day does not mean that all is lost.
3) I love to learn that I’m not alone in my struggles and temptations. I love sharing and helping others know that they aren’t alone in there’s. I love that even when I meet women for the first time, I’m greeted by a big hug just like I’m the sister they haven’t seen in forever. I love that by helping others stay on track, I am kept on track. Coaching has helped me find myself, and is continually helping me to grow into the person I want to be.
1) I have lost 100 lbs and went from size 24 to 14
2) Something I have overcome… I get to talk about fitness without annoying people now
Seriouslly I used to want to boast about what I did that day. Now people expect it from me. I never was trying to boast but it was so exciting for me to do things I couldn’t of wouldn’t before starting my journey. I have also overcome self doubt. I have done things in the last 20 months that I never would have even considered. I.e. 3) Shave my head just bc my friends encouraged me to to stop being a wussy.
I love being a coach because it’s a never ending journey of striving towards something bigger than yourself. I have a community of people who are (as I described to a friend today) “just BETTER people than me”. My community calls me HIGHER. I don’t get to stay stuck or become passive because there is always something to work towards bigger than myself!
So there you go! I wish I could shout from the rooftops what an amazing opportunity this is.
I’m so glad I’ve taken the time to collect these stories and share my beautiful friends with you here! 🙂
If you’d like to learn more about coaching, I have a one day group starting soon where I’ll share my story, including my reservations, some basic info about what it’s all about, what we do, how we earn, etc. I’ll answer any/all questions as well. Just fill out the form below and we’ll chat!