I didn’t know what else to call these. I could have gone with: “Super-food, Chocolaty Nut Balls”, or “Balls of Chocolate Goodness” (nah!), or maybe “Super-food Nutrition & Protein in One Delicious Little Bite of Nutty Chocolate”? Whatever you like to call them, they’re a hit at my house!
*TIP: Hide them if you want to keep them around for more than a day!
Chocolate Nutty Bites!
- 1 Cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 C. raw walnuts
- 1/3 C. raw almonds
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/4 C. applesauce
- Place dry ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend or pulse just until a course meal is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir.
- Wet hands and roll into rounded teaspoon-sized balls. You should get around 16 with this recipe.
- Put into the freezer to firm-up (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a Ziploc bag or air-tight container. I keep mine in the freezer and pop one out when I need a little something sweet.
78 calories & 4 grams protein