When I was little, my mom used to make that Good Seasons salad dressing that you but in the packet and mix up yourself. You know what I’m talking about right?!
She had this cute little glass cruet that she mixed it in and kept it in the fridge. Almost homemade!
I loved that stuff SO MUCH! I would intentionally put too much on my salad so that I could (here’s where it gets gross)… DRINK IT!
Well, I thought I had outgrown that temptation, until I made THIS!
CREAMY GARLIC SALAD DRESSNG
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (dry works fine too!)
- 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey or agave nectar
Place everything in the blender and blend for 30 seconds or until combined. Store in an airtight container (I like mason jars) in the refrigerator. Be sure to shake it well before using after refrigeration.
If you follow the 21 Day Fix, this counts as one orange container.
I love making my own dressings. It’s so easy and I know exactly what’s in it! I also know what’s NOT in it! No additives, preservatives or other chemicals. I like to shake mine up with my salad to cover every little leaf! That way, a little goes a long way.
And if you used a little too much, you might be tempted to drink it!
What do you do on Saturday afternoon when you have a thousand things to do and yet another vacation to start packing for…COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE OF COURSE!
I was craving a salad…go figure…and I had all the fixins for this amazing chopped salad! The dressing is totally amazing! It is seriously bowl-licking good!!!
You could really interchange the veggies, based on personal preferences and what you have on-hand!
The amounts I used here served 2-3 people.
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes (from our CSA)
- red onions to taste (from our CSA)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
Directions: Chop all of the veggies into small, bite-sized pieces. In my opinion, that is what makes a good chopped salad! Place all of the veggies into a big bowl
For the dressing (should be MORE than you need):
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove – chopped/minced (I used garlic scapes from our CSA.)
- 1 T. white balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1/2-1 lemon (depending on size and taste)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (or just a nice bunch!)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Directions: Place everything except the oil into a blender or food processor and pulse until it starts to come together. Then blend, while slowly drizzling the olive oil into the mix (may use less or more depending on taste and desired consistency). Add by spoonfuls into the veggie bowl and gently toss together until everything is lightly coated with dressing. Reserve the rest for later!
*Optional Extras: add some chopped grilled chicken, feta cheese, nuts, beans, etc…you can’t make a mistake with this!
For 21 Day Fix:
1 blue, 1 teaspoon, 1.5 greens per serving
21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme Challenge Packs are on sale through the end of July! You can actually get either program PLUS Shakeology for LESS than a one-time order of Shakeology! Check out the links below! And then go make this salad!!!
*I’ll coach you through it – for FREE – as I have SO many others! I’ve seen women lose up to 10-15 pounds in the first 21 days…and just keep going! I’ve seen men lose even more! (not fair though is it?) Just join my next challenge, and you won’t be alone. I’ll help you every step of the way!
FREE Salad (& Dressing ) Recipes!
Oh. Em. Gee! This dressing is MONEY! I’m looking all over my house for things to put it on! Celery, carrots, spoons, bowls! I don’t buy dressing of any kind anymore, I just find it so much easier and healthier to make my own. Not to mention the artistic freedom I have, creating works of salad-topping art! Typically, I work in oils and vinegars…until my latest discovery…
Creamy Avocado “Ranch” Dressing!
*This recipe was inspired by a dressing recipe from “The 21 Day Fix”. I just had to tweak a few amounts and ingredients for my taste!
- 1 medium avocado (cut into chunks)
- 1 C. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 T. finely chopped herbs (I used dill, chives and parsley)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 C. low-fat buttermilk (more to adjust consistency if desired)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (lots of pepper for me!)
- 1/3 C. extra-virgin olive oil
- Place avocado, yogurt, herbs, lemon juice, buttermilk, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender; cover (duh!). Blend until smooth.
- Continue blending avocado mixture, slowly adding oil until well-blended. *Use more buttermilk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Store in the frig, tightly covered, until ready for use. I filled a pint Ball jar to the top!
*This is tasty on salads, but also a great dip for raw veggies – and spoons! 😉
Best News: There are only 34 calories in 1 Tablespoon of this dressing…so go ahead and have 2!
Bestest News!: All of the ingredients are SUPER clean and healthy. I bet you can pronounce EVERY one of them! Well…”herbs” can be a little tricky. The “H” is silent! 😉
Unlike THIS chemical ____ storm ingredient list! YIKES! What the heck is disodium inosinate? My spell-checker doesn’t even recognize those as words, let alone FOOD! Blech!
EAT REAL FOOD!!!