I’ve stumbled onto something…and it’s my new favorite thing in the whole wide world!
I was making nachos for the kids the other night and decided that I would make myself some sorta health-ed up taco salad! So I had browned and seasoned the lean ground turkey for everyone, and now I just needed to figure out what I was going to do to make my salad deelish! I chopped up the veggies I wanted. I crunched up some baked blue corn tortilla chips – in place of the Doritos that we used to use. All that was left was the dressing! I think I only ever bought thousand island dressing for making taco salads in the past! (Doritos, too for that matter!) So I needed to find a substitute. My invention – as I am SURE that I am the ONLY person who ever thought of this 😉 – well go ahead and read the recipe!!!
Clean Eating Taco Salad (for 2)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey (browned and seasoned to your liking – I don’t use packaged seasonings, *I just make my own)
- 2 handfuls of baked blue corn tortilla chips – crunched (that’s what I used, feel free to add crunchy bits of your choosing)
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts – washed, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes – diced
- 1/4 sweet onion – chopped
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper – chopped
Directions – Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing…oh BOY…you’re going to LOVE this!
And for the DRESSING!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (I like Fage)
- 1/2 cup medium salsa (or whatever heat suits your fancy!)
- 1 lime – squeezed!
- little fresh cilantro! (optional but delish!)
Directions for the dressing: BLEND! As in – use a blender, or a food processor would probably work, too!
Top with shredded cheese and black olives. And ENJOY the heck out of it! I have several times since my discovery! I’ve also been using the dressing as a dip, condiment, topping for random objects, etc.
*My taco seasoning consists of lots of chili powder, some cumin, paprika, garlic salt, pepper, oregano and a pinch of chipotle chili powder. I’m sorry…I don’t measure. So that’s probably not very helpful at all!
This recipe is from my FREE 7 – Day SlimDown plan!
- Meal plan
- Shopping list
- Workout suggestions
Just provide your email below! 🙂