Here I am posting another soup recipe. We love this one, too!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of tomatoes (diced/stewed)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (med/mild)
- 1/2 C. diced onions
- 1 chopped jalapeno (or any hot pepper…to your taste) OR 1- 4 oz. can diced chili peppers (if you want it milder)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 C. black beans
- 10 oz. package frozen corn
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 T. olive oil
*optional extras for garnish: lime juice, cilantro, diced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, hot pepper/green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours. *Sometimes I put the chicken in frozen, in that case I add a little time. During the last 30-60 minutes (when you get home from work) shred chicken, then add corn and beans (rinsed and drained).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
- Serve with garnishes of choice. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix containers: (1/5 cup serving)
1/2 RED 1/2 GREEN 1/2 YELLOW *Don’t forget to count the toppings!